After our Thanksgiving episode, Patrick sent us an email suggesting a correction to our wishbone segment - the tactics we described are considered cheating by his rules.
Here’s what he says:
Gobblers Rules of Order (I made that up) dictate the rules of a proper Wishbone Challenge.
- The person being challenged has 1st right of first selection (Which side of the bone)
- The contestants can only use their thumb and index finger to hold the bone.
- The bone can only be held at the very tip.
- After the agreed upon count down the contestants try to break the wishbone. No body contact between the contestants is allowed.
- The winner is the contestant holding the portion of the bone with a complete side or a longer side.
- If the bone doesn’t break within 5 seconds the contest should be deferred until the bone has a chance to dry.
- If the bone breaks without a clear winner the contest is ruled a draw.